Six Ways to Maintain the Quality of Rubber Tracks
If you own earthmoving machines such as excavators and mini-excavators, then you need high quality rubber tracks to prevent your machines from possible wear. Leaving excavators and other earthmoving machines without functional rubber tracks exposes them to high possibilities of wear, which affects their performance. Excavators are expensive equipment and failing to perform their intended purpose due to lack of functional rubber tracks is a big loss.
However, it is even more important to ensure that rubber tracks remain in good condition to achieve their intended objective. With simple, common-sense care and maintenance practices, you can maintain the quality of the tracks, extend their life, and keep your equipment functioning.
1. Ensure you order the right type and brand of rubber tracks. Since many suppliers are out in the market with the same products, it is possible to find products that do not meet quality standards. Besides, you also need to consider the surface on which your equipment will work. For example, if you work on rough surfaces, you require steel tracks, while on muddy sloppy terrains you need a different type of rubber track thread.
2. Run a check on the products as soon as you get them from the supplier to find out if there are manufacturer’s defects, shipping damages, mismatched sizes and any other anomaly from the supplier’s side. In case you notice anything strange, it is advisable to contact your supplier immediately for immediate correction.
3. When you buy rubber tracks, test them immediately to find out if they are functional. Check for correct sizing, compatibility, and get a feel of their performance. In case you notice anything different from what you expected, notify your supplier immediately.
4. Rubber tracks are made of different tensions, and it is advisable to maintain the right tension on your products at all times. You can get more information about this from the owner’s manual, track manufacturer, or the dealer from whom you got the products.
5. Keep your tracks clean between uses. Remove mud and debris that often get held especially in undercarriage components. Do not allow the tracks to get into contact with oil or petroleum products. If that happens, wipe it off immediately with dry rug.
6. Don’t go for the cheapest rubber track products in the market. The best quality tracks to protect cutting blades of your equipment are a bit pricier. Therefore, invest a little more to get the best products.
With these benefits in mind, you need to identify a reliable supplier for your products. In Australia, the best company to approach for high quality tracks isFortus Group. With several years of experience in the industry, the company supplies clients with rubber pads of exceptional quality. Their products are suitable for a wide range of applications including earthmoving and construction machinery.
If you get your rubber tracks from Fortus, you stand a chance to enjoy numerous benefits such as high strength and high tensile products made of running steel cables. All their products are made to precision to withstand the roughest and most difficult of conditions with effective results. Visit us at http://www.fortusgroup.com.au/browse-products/rubber-tracks.html.