International Schools Directory

Home Favorites Blog Contact Us
 
International Schools Directory

Rue du Fer a Cheval, BP 5230,
78175, St-Germain-en-Laye,
France
Telephone: 33-1-3451-7485
Fax: 33-1-3087-0049
E-mail: american.lycee.intl@wanadoo.fr
Website
The American section is one 12 international sections of the Lycée International de Saint Germain-en-Laye. Students are taught an American curriculum in addition to the French curriculum. The American Section Program starts in Pre-Kindergarten and goes through 12th grade. Approximately 60 percent of its students are U.S. citizens, and many hold both French and American citizenship. Most of the remaining 40 percent are French citizens who have spent considerable time in the United States or have had American schooling. The American Section provides an international education within the context of the Lycee International. Students from nursery to college preparatory level experience a hybrid of American and French curricula with an emphasis on language, math, and science skills. They maintain strong links with their American culture while developing a consciousness as global citizens. The Lycée International of Saint-Germain-en-Laye is one of the best known and most successful international schools in France with a Baccalaureate achievement rate of 98% - 99%. Founded in 1952 for the children of NATO personnel, this extraordinary school has eleven national sections -- American, British, Danish/Norwegian, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. Each section provides its students with instruction in the literature and history of the native country in addition to the full French curriculum.


Comments (0)add
You must be logged in to a comment. Please register if you do not have an account yet.

busy

Random School

German School of Athens

German School of Athens

School: Attica


School Search

Name:
City:
Postcode:

Member Login


[+]
  • Increase font size
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size